Invisalign is a set of wireless teeth-straightening clear aligners which are made out of invisible plastic. They can be inserted and removed when eating food, having hot drinks, and while doing routine everyday oral hygiene. The aligners are BPA and metal free and so smooth that they don’t irritate your cheeks and gums.
Clear Aligner Therapy
Why Choose Forever Smile For Your Invisalign Procedure ?
Dr. Shelyan spends time to evaluate existing teeth and jaw by taking records such as molds, photos, radiographs and creating 3D digital images on computer. He evaluates each image to create the best optimal outcome for your teeth positions and smile.
Dr. Shelyan has many years of experience and actively updates his education. He is very detail oriented and envisions the final results before the aligners are made. From simple to challenging cases, he is persistent and committed to achieve excellent outcomes in straightening your teeth.
The treatment takes between 5 to 12 months to complete because the length of time may vary depending on the severity of your case. The full treatment and timeline will be determined during your visit with us.
- Gapped teeth – Gapped teeth is caused by abnormal jawbone growth patterns or missing teeth. Gapped teeth can lead to gum problems, periodontal pockets, and increase your risk of periodontal disease.
- Overbite – Overbite is when the upper teeth protrude past the lower teeth. This can lead to gum problem, gum irritation, wear on the lower teeth, jaw pain, and joint pain.
- Open Bite – Open bite is when some teeth do not make contact with their opposing tooth, ie, the upper molars do not bite against the lower molars. An open bite can cause poor or painful chewing, speech impediment, or more severe issues like Temporomandibular Joint Disorder (TMJ).
- Crowded Teeth – Crowded teeth occurs when there isn’t enough room in your jaw for all of your teeth to fit normally. Untreated, crowded teeth can result in crooked teeth. Crowding can cause severe plaque, tooth decay, and increased chance of gum disease.
- Crossbite – Crossbite is when both the upper and lower jaws are misaligned, which causes the upper teeth to bite inside of the lower teeth. Crossbite can cause teeth wearing, gum disease, and bone loss.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Invisible – Truly invisible while wearing and in your mouth.
- Easy to brush and floss – Since Invisalign is easily removable, you are able to continue to brush and floss as you normally would.
- Eating – You should remove Invisalign each time you eat. This means you can eat without worrying about food getting stuck in wires.
- Playing Sports – You can safely play sports while wearing Invisalign. If your sport requires you to wear a mouth guard, you can remove the aligner.